Wednesday, April 22, 2015

L'Oreal Voluminous - Miss Manga Rock !

Miss Manga Rock

Spike-y lashes? Why not!? I came across the display for this new L'Oreal Miss Manga Rock (Blackest Black) mascara at my local Riteaid, and at first I was a little intimidated by the thought of spiked lashes. But, my curiosity got the best of me, and because I did like the regular Miss Manga formula, I thought I would give this a shot.



Miss Manga Rock

Before I applied this mascara, I figured I would look to see if there were any special application tips in the back, a thing I never do with mascara. Well, it's a good thing I did! The directions say (as shown above) to hold the brush vertically to create the 'Spikes'. So naturally, I didn't follow the directions to the 'T', so instead I did 2 coats like I would my regular mascara and then just finished it off with a little bit of that vertical action as per the directions. 
Miss Manga Rock
Miss Manga Rock
I will admit, I was pretty pleased with the results, the spiked effect was subtle but it was there. I also liked the volume and thickness it gave to my lashes, which is what I like so much about the Miss Manga formula. Also, a few other bonuses is that even though it is not waterproof, I did not have any problems with smudging or flaking. The formula is pretty much the same as the traditional Miss Manga formula, it's wet, and is a little heavy on the lashes, so it does weigh them down a bit.
Lashes without mascara
Miss Manga Rock
Lashes with Miss Manga Rock
Overall, I really liked this mascara formula and the brush, though intimidating, does make 'spiking' your lashes pretty easy, and I actually liked the look a lot more than I thought I would have. I will say however, that if you are not a fan of spider lashes or that thick heavy mascara look, this may not be the formula for you. Otherwise, go for it!

Highlights:
  • Availability: RiteAid, Drugstores
  • Colors: Black, Blackest Black
  • Formula: Regular & Waterproof
  • Price: $8.29* (prices may vary)
Do you have any mascara recommendations or favorites?

Stay Beautiful!!

Love,

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...