Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Deborah Lippmann: Glitter In the Air

Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air
I recently hit the Deborah Lippmann jackpot and scored a few bottles for about $6.50 a piece during the BeautyBrands.com Sale. Among the many, that I will be reviewing slowly but surely, is Glitter in the Air. At first I have to be honest, I was on the fence about this polish because it has been reported as being sheer and several people have told me that they didn't think it was worth it especially since Revlon had duped it with Whimsical. However, I still wanted to give it the benefit of the doubt and give it a try, I have never been let down by Deborah Lippmann, so I took my chances.

Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air



First off, let me just say, that this polish is a little sparse on the glitter, which is unlike some of the other Deborah Lippmann glitter polishes I have tried in the past. However, I didn't really see this as a bad thing. In fact, I sort of saw this as the perfect polish for someone who is looking for something a bit more subtle and toned down. Glitter In the Air is certainly more toned down than any of the other glitter polishes I have seen from Deborah Lippmann, and it is nice to have options in the glitter family.

Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air
I do love this polish on short nails, and I felt that 3 coats did the trick. You could, if you wanted, layer it more because the formula layers beautifully. If you have longer nails and you want this polish to stand out a bit more, I would recommend that you layer it over a white polish. Overall, although this polish may not have the 'WOW' effect that some other Deborah Lippmann glitter polishes do, it still is a good quality glitter polish and is great for the minimalists out there who want to keep it cute and simple.

Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air

Highlights:
  • Sheer pale blue base
  • Decent drying time
  • Layered beautifully
  • Quality polish
  • Wears well
  • Glitter is sparse - Comes in 2 colors: a light blue and Light pink
  • Has 3 sizes of glitter: micro glitter, small round glitter, and medium hexagon glitter
  • Price: $19 (I got mine on sale)
  • Availability: Department Stores (i.e. Nordstrom, Bloomingdales), Zappos
Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air

Stay Beautiful!!

Love,

Helen
Deborah Lippmann Glitter in the Air

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...